Thursday, May 10, 2007

Back In The Saddle Again

I have returned from my travels to Cleveland. The Basics 2007 conference at Parkside Church was very good. I was challenged, reminded and encourage in my role as a pastor-teacher of God's Word. This conference brought to mind the saying which my father was fond of, "Keep the main thing the main thing."

We must continued to be anchored in Scripture as we battle for truth and strive in ministry. No matter how much we "like" something or find our comfort level in something, everything must align with God's revelation to us and instruction for us. It is easy to get drawn away and busied in things that might be good but certainly are not best.

Thus, I am back here "Under the Steeple" and I will seek, by the Lord's help, to be diligent in the task for which I have been called.

Travel Note: If you ever have a chance to visit Chagrin Falls, OH I would recommend it. A friend who lives near there calls it "Pleasantville." You can step back in time in this quaint little village and really relax. Nice place to spend a sunny afternoon.

No comments: