Friday, September 21, 2007

Recommended Reading

I have just finished reading The Jesus Gospel: Recovering the Lost Message by Liam Goligher. This is one of the books so graciously given to the attendees of the Basics Conference at Parkside Church in the spring.

I highly recommend this work. It is engaging and well written. Although the topic is deep, it is presented in a very readable fashion. This book would appeal to a variety of readers regardless of their theological acumen. Goligher provides a biblical overview of the gospel with emphasis on the atoning work of Christ. Nothing new or groundbreaking, but Goligher provides some clear insights that remind us why we cherish the gospel and Christ. Put it on your list.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've had this book sitting on my shelf ever since the conference. Every now and then I hear it say, "Take up, and read," but I've yet to respond.

Now I hear it calling again...

Thanks, Jon.