Monday, May 5, 2008

Crowns Concert

Last night my wife and I attended the Casting Crowns concert here in Louisville. It was great. What I think I appreciate most about the music these guys play is the poignant lyrics. The lead singer pointed out that their songs are not hard to figure out. They say what they mean in a very straight forward and honest way.

This group seeks to honor the Lord and have fun doing it. Both were accomplished. We had fun. It's the first concert we have been to in 2 or 3 years. The whole night really wore out my wife who is still recovering from surgery. But, she was bound and determined to take me. The tickets were part of my birthday present. Originally the concert was scheduled for March but was postponed due to a snow storm.

Here's a verse and the chorus from "East to West" one of my favorite Casting Crowns songs. The idea of this song is based on Ps. 103:12. Good stuff.

I start the day, the war begins, endless reminding of my sin
Time and time again Your truth is drowned out by the storm I'm in
Today I feel like I'm just one mistake away from You leaving me this way

I know You've washed me white, turned my darkness into light
I need Your peace to get me through, to get me through this night
I can't live by what I feel, but by the truth Your word reveals
I'm not holding on to You, but You're holding on to me
You're holding on to me

Jesus, You know just how far the east is from the west
I don't have to see the man I've been come rising up in me again
In the arms of Your mercy I find rest
'cause You know just how far the east is from the west
From one scarred hand to the other
One scarred hand to the other
From one scarred hand to the other

No comments: