Monday, October 20, 2008

No New Posts

I haven't had a thought worth posting in days. What does that say about my life, my ability to maintain a blog, or my personal intellect?

I suppose there are more important things than electronic media. Let's see if I can list one or two: The Bible, prayer, family, corporate worship, silence, coffee, personal relationships, exercise (never thought I'd put that on a list anywhere). I'll stop there but I'm certain there are more to include. Feel free to add to this list.

Thanks to those who stop by regularly, even when there is nothing to read here Under the Steeple. Soon a great wave of profound thought will capsize my brain and it will overflow onto my computer screen for all the world to see. Not likely, but I will post again someday.

Until then, "Seek the Lord while he may be found; Call upon Him while He is near."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it says you're balanced and possess the discernment to know what's worth posting and what's not, Jon.

Let's see...things more important than electronic media...coffee is a good one, but it sure does enhance my time with electronic media (as I can testify to this very moment!)

I might add the beauty of the created world and spending some time with "old school" media: books.

Jon Cyrus said...

Books! Right, those...I forgot about them, ha