Monday, January 19, 2009

Inauguration Eve

I have yet to post to my blog in 2009. Given the event happening in Washington, DC tomorrow, I felt like at least scrawling a few lines.

I am certain that the inauguration of Barak Obama is a historic event. While I don't pretend to be an expert on history or race relations, it is apparent that the majority of voters were ready to see what Obama can bring to the table, regardless of race. It is clear that our country is facing some very difficult days. President Obama has no lack of items on his "to do" list. I will pray for him and those who will be advising him.

At the end of the day, my hope and faith is not in the President, any elected officials or the US military. My hope (a word absolutely overused during the election) is firmly anchored in the One true God who has revealed Himself to us, provided our redemption and who is our all-sufficient strength.

"Some boast in chariots and some in horses, But we will boast in the name of the LORD, our God." Ps. 20:7

"The king's heart is like channels of water in the hand of the LORD; He turns it wherever He wishes." Prov. 21:1

No comments: