Monday, June 8, 2009

Words I Needed

Today is Monday. A pastor friend of mine told me that early in his ministry he often felt discouraged on Mondays. In fact, he said that for a while he thought about quitting, nearly every Monday. I have been there.

For me, there usually seems to be a big build up to Sunday. After that, I sometimes sense a bit of a let down. I realize that much of this is the flesh and the Enemy.

Today I read a few poignant words from Charles Spurgeon that I really needed to hear. He was writing in regards to Numbers 11:23 which states, "Is the LORD'S power limited? Now you shall see whether My word will come true for you or not." Here are the comments of our dear friend Mr. Spurgeon:

"The ground of faith is not the sufficiency of the visible means for the performance of the promise, but the all-sufficiency of the invisible God, who will most surely do as he has said."

I needed a reminder. On Sunday or Monday - on every other day, my faith is not in my own strength. It is in the One who raised up my Savior. The One who opened my heart to see His beauty. The One who still awakens dead sinners. The One who will certainly accomplish His will. I will trust in Him, alone!

No comments: