Tuesday, November 23, 2010

ProLife Wrapped in Rap

I don't know much about Nick Cannon, although I've seen him on TV. I have no idea if he is a genuine follower of Jesus Christ, although his father apparently was a preacher. However, I know one thing, his rap song "Can I Live?" is one of the most compelling pro-life statements I have heard in a long time. You can watch the video here.

While I would base my pro-life position primarily on what God has said about human life in His word (ref. Gen. 1:26-27; Psalm 139), Cannon really doesn't. But he makes a very bold statement that will likely bring you to tears just like it did me - I'm a big cry baby.

Although there are subtle references to God in his song, it is Cannon's personal story and the obvious fact that life is so precious that comes through so clearly. This is just such a bold and poignant piece that I had to share it.

HT: Thabiti at Pure Church

.

No comments: