Wednesday, June 29, 2011

It Takes Courage To Be A Father

Last night my wife and I attended a screening of Courageous, the newest film from Sherwood Pictures. This is the same company that made Fireproof and Facing the Giants.

Wow!  This film blew me away.  I'm no movie critic, but I know a good story when I seen one.  Courageous has a timely and powerful message that every parent needs to hear.  It hits theaters nationwide on September 30.

As a father, I was really challenged by this movie to be more faithful and intentional with my family.  When you realize what's at stake and the dangers that face parents and kids alike, it becomes clear that it takes courage to be a father.

"Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord." Ephesians 6:4
.

No comments: