Thursday, February 7, 2013

Contentment

I've been reading a copy of the Free Grace Broadcaster that focuses on Contentment.  It has been thoroughly encouraging.  I just finished an article by J. C. Ryle(d. 1900), always a favorite (plus he has a cool beard).  He was working from Hebrews 13:5 - "Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as you have; for he has said, I will never leave you nor forsake you."  Here is one of Ryle's final exhortations:

"Oh, believing reader, trust in the Lord forever, for He says, 'I will never leave you.'  Lean back all your weight upon Him: do not be afraid.  Glory in His promise.  Rejoice in the strength of your consolation.  You may say boldly, 'The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear' (Heb. 13:6)"
Resting in Him will surly enhance our level of genuine contentment.

I commend to you the available resources found at Chapel Library.  If you don't know of this grace-centered ministry you must visit them soon.  You will be wonderfully blessed.

No comments: