Monday, December 18, 2006

12 Days Insight

Ok, I know the song about the 12 days of Christmas (as mentioned in a previous post). But, it is obvious that I have not done my homework on the actual history/meaning of the 12 days. I have been alerted that the 12 days really starts on December 25 and ends on January 6, or Epiphany which celebrates the coming of the Magi to visit the Christ child.

Since my good buddy Jim (thanks) called this to my attention I have read a bit more and there is much to learn about Christmas/Christian traditions. And to think that our modern celebrations, shopping, decorations and the like are not in keeping with some 1500 years of Christian history. No shock there! Bottom line: Christmas is about Jesus Christ. The creator coming to live among his creation. The way for sinners to be reconciled to God. The gift of a Savior.

I continue to learn and grow, thankfully.

No comments: