Thursday, December 28, 2006

Reality of Ministry

Today I stood by the bedside of a man who may not live to see the New Year. I spoke with his daughter as she looked up at me through tears. She held tightly to her father's hand. It is times like this that my words fail and my classroom training seems inadequate. I am so grateful that I serve the God of all comforts.

I attempted to share words of encouragement and insights from the truth of God's Word. I prayed. A wise pastor/professor said, "No matter what the crisis, prayer is always a good thing." My heart aches for those who are hurting. Yet, my heart swells at the thought that our God is mighty in the battle. It is at times like this that I find confidence in knowing that I am nothing, and that He is All in All! To God be the Glory.

No comments: