Thursday, September 6, 2007

Lots of Questions


Recently I have seen folks in various stages of life including distress and conflict. Many are asking big questions about God, life, truth, peace and joy. As I ponder some of these issues and questions one thought keeps coming to me. While there are many questions, there is ultimately only one answer. The answer is Christ and the gospel of Christ.

I realize that many people arrive at different answers. Yet, the questions will reemerge eventually. That is not the case when we come to Christ as our 'final answer.' There is an utter sufficiency in Him.

I am not saying that those who find their rest in Christ will have no more questions. That is not the case. However, they will always come back to the same place, the same answer. We may drift and be tossed about but we have, as it were, "an anchor of the soul" (Heb. 6:19).

You may recall the blind man from John 9. He had only one answer to the questioning of the religious crowd, "One thing I know: that though I was blind, now I see."

Mankind has become very smart. We have solved a multitude of problems. There are thousands of inventions and a wealth of technology. However, the questions remain. The big questions.

Have you found a sufficient answer?

No comments: