Sunday, September 9, 2007

Take Me Home Country Roads

As a football fan and a native West Virginian, I was pleased to find that ESPN2 was carrying the MU-WVU football game yesterday. From about 250 miles away I watched as the Thundering Herd and the Mountaineers waged war in Huntington.

I love where God has placed me yet from time to time I miss being back home. Yesterday was one of those days. Aside from my very patient wife there are a precious few here in "Cardinal Country" that can appreciate my fondness for 'mountain state' football. I am one of those rare fans that can honestly say I like both Marshall and West Virginia. I can applaud both football programs.

Yesterday was a great day for this football fan. John Denver made a bundle singing about those beloved 'country roads.' Not sure he could truly appreciate the place he sang about. I hummed a few bars yesterday. It was good.

[Due to the slowness of my home computer I was unable to post a very cool picture of a WV country road.]

No comments: