Thursday, January 17, 2008

Quotable - Accountability

"I charge you, by the concern we bear for one anothers souls, and by the love of God, that you warn and exhort me with patience if you see in me those turnings back of heart which I do not perceive in the blindness of my flesh." Jim Elliot in a letter to a friend, Shadow of the Almighty, pg. 104

These are wise words spoken out of a heart that was tuned towards God. We do not walk this way alone. While we certainly have the guiding hand of God, He has also blessed us with other like minded pilgrims. We need to utilize the counsel, encouragement and exhortation of others on this road. God may use a dear brother or sister to open our eyes to a misstep that is leading us to sin. Loving counsel and encouragement of a partner in ministry can be an invaluable tool, especially in the life of a pastor.

No comments: