Thursday, May 22, 2008

Life is Precious, Hug Your Kids

As I drove my girls to school this morning I heard the tragic news on the Christian radio station. The 5 year old daughter of singer/songwriter Steven Curtis Chapman was killed yesterday. She was apparently playing in the family driveway when she was accidentally struck by a vehicle.

I told my girls "I love you" an extra time as they got out of the van at their school. Wow, life is so precious. None of us can be guaranteed that we will live to see even the end of this day. I'm so thankful for the grace of a sovereign God. In his grace I have been given today. How will I spend it? Hopefully in a way that glorifies Him.

Please join me in praying for the Chapman family. And hug your kids today.

Update: More details have been released. Read here.

No comments: