Monday, September 22, 2008

Our Sovereign God

For the last 10 days I have been praying and following the progress of Josiah Carrier. He is a little guy who was in a serious accident in his home. His Dad, Jason, is a friend who serves in ministry in Birmingham, AL. Jason is also a native of WV and served on staff at FBC, where I currently minister.

As I sit comfortably at a distance I have been moved to tears on several occasions while reading online updates. What I have witnessed is the mighty hand of God on my friend Jason, his wife Janna and this entire situation. I do not know what the final outcome will be. But I know two things for certain: The God who spoke this world into existence is Sovereign and He is doing a remarkable work through this near fatal tragedy.

I encourage you to read the online account of Josiah's story and continued healing. I also ask that you pray for the Carrier family. Josiah has 3 brothers at home who undoubtedly miss him dearly and I imagine his parents are being pushed to the brink.

But even so, God is good. In this situation God is being glorified, He is revealing Himself daily and the gospel is being proclaimed. Amazing Grace!

No comments: