Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Thankful for my Wife

Fourteen years ago today I pledged my love and devotion to Lisa Kay Runion. So much has transpired in our lives since that day. Here is a brief glimpse:

We bought our first house on Tremont Street in South Charleston, WV in March of 1995. The following November, God stirred in my heart. I was forever changed and saved by His grace. Madison Olivia was born in 1996. I changed jobs twice while we were living in South Charleston. Lydia Grace was born in 2000. Lisa and I both lost our fathers to cancer. The Lord led us into His ministry and I began to wonder what all that meant. We picked up stakes and moved to Louisville on August 1, 2002 so I could study at Southern Seminary. Since coming to Louisville, Lisa has had 3 'career' changes, 4 if you count staying home with the girls for about 6 months (her personal favorite, and mine too). I was called as Pastor of FBC in Prospect on September 11, 2005 and graduated from Southern in December of 2006. In between all that we bought and sold a house moved twice while living here in Louisville.

Through all of this stuff, life has been a tremendous blessing. We have had much and little. We have laughed and cried. We have faced struggles and many joys. There is nothing comparable, in this life, to marriage. Kids are great, I love my three girls immensely. But my relationship to Lisa is so very special. She knows me, and still loves me. That is saying something.

I am so thankful for my wife!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jon and Lisa. May our faithful God continue to bless you.