Thursday, December 24, 2009

Happy Christmas


I usually say, "Merry Christmas." That is the way most of us in the US express our holiday greeting. The other day I was changing the marquee in front of our church. The display says, "A Merry Christmas starts with Christ." Someone mentioned to me that "merry" refers to drinking and parties and that the proper expression is "Happy Christmas." Of course that is primarily a British form of the holiday greeting. I suppose my friend may have a point. Nonetheless, I still say it the regular way.

But, the point of our church marquee is the same (rambling) point of this post. There will be no meaningful Christmas - happy, merry or otherwise - without Christ as the center of it all.

I hope you have a wonderful, Christ-centered, happy Christmas!

No comments: