Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Power of the Gospel

Today I got a small package from Chapel Library, a ministry that reprints and distributes solid Christian literature.  They provide this wonderful ministry for free!  If you don't know about their work, get to know them today!

Among the group that came in my mail was the small booklet, Greasy the Robber: A True Story of the Power of the Gospel from Siberia in the Late 1800's.  I picked it up, hoping to browse the first few pages to see if I wanted to read it.  Twenty-five minutes later I finished it.  It was such a blessing.  The power of God's word and the depth of God's providence are so encouraging to me.  Even though I have experienced it in my own life, read the Bible for myself, witnessed God working in the lives of others, His grace never ceases to amaze me.

Since the little booklet was so good, I shared it with a friend just minutes later.  I know it will bless him too.  But wait, you can read it as well since I found a link to the PDF online here.

Enjoy the story.  And marvel with me at the Power of the Gospel!

1 comment:

Mom said...

What a Sovereign God we serve, and a reminder of the power of the word! Thank you for posting this. It gives such hope to be reminded of how God works in spite of us!