Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Just plain Gone!

Quite by accident I have learned that the wise guys at Google are "retiring" Google Reader.  Who do I complain to about this?  This is worse than the time I stopped by a local BBQ joint only to find a handwritten sign on the door that said, "Sorry, out of business!"  What?!  You can't just up and shut something down when there are people starving for BBQ or poised to read the latest blog.  Its just not right!

I'm really quite low tech.  I obviously have a computer and know how to use it, mostly.  That's  about as far as it goes for me.  I have a cell phone, but not a smart phone.  I don't have a "tablet" unless you count the actual paper one I carry in my briefcase.  I do use Facebook (mainly to spy on my kids).  I stay comfortably connected via my chosen means of communication and I DON'T LIKE CHANGE!  Google Reader has served me well.  I'm used to it.  Now, I can't access my subscriptions via the handy link-thing-drop-down-box at the top of my email page.  It just vanished, without so much as a warning.

I get the sneaking suspicion that me and 2 old dudes in Montana are the only ones who really care...and they're still using dial-up.

If I'm in YOUR Google Reader...well I guess you will have to find a new place to, whatever you call it.  The times they are a change'n  Next thing you know, you'll be able to talk to someone through video on your computer screen, like George Jetson did. Crazy stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

2 old dudes in Montana, and an old guy at UC in WV!