Thursday, May 29, 2014

A Clean Desk and Heart

I'm a procrastinator. I've known this for 40 years or more. Although there have been brief periods when I have been organized and on task, 95% of the time I am not. Knowing this should help. At least I'm aware. But it is a battle.

This week I tackled a long overdue task at home and I feel relieved and empowered. I see progress...and the top of my desk, for the first time in a long while.

My life, like my desk, is often cluttered with stuff I really don't need. It hinders my clarity. Also, I stuff things into the corners of my heart (and desk drawers) as if being out of sight is a good thing. Its not good at all. I have to dig down, sort through it all and clean out the mess. Then there is freedom and clarity to enjoy the blessings and to accomplish even more.  Once I've dealt with the pile of junk, I feel lighter. I gain joy.

I want this work to continue and to increase. By God's grace and His strength, it will.

Thankfully, in addition to the power of God, I have a few good friends and a patient wife who are on this messy journey with me...walking in the light!

No comments: