Friday, September 26, 2008

Federal Bailout Concerns?

"For this reason I also suffer these things, but I am not ashamed; for I know whom I have believed and I am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him until that day." 2 Tim. 1:12

"Do not worry then, saying, 'What will we eat?' or 'What will we drink?' or 'What will we wear for clothing?' For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Mt. 6:31-34

The current financial crisis is the latest buzz among all the "talking heads." It seems everyone has a different solution. I'm not very smart when it comes to economics and finance. I realize that if you spend more than you make, you will have problems. I also realize that if you don't save money for a "rainy day," then when it rains you will get wet. Furthermore, I realize that cash is a great thing and credit can often get you jammed up. Then there is something about buying low and selling high that I once heard some stock broker say. Anyway, I just have a simple-minded way of understanding this stuff. Call me crazy or stupid. It makes no difference to me.

But the real deal is this. Although I have some money invested and try to build up our savings account, that is not where I have placed my total confidence. The crash of the US economy or the failing of 2 or 3 huge companies doesn't change my ultimate outlook. I'm trading in eternal currency. I've already been bailed out. My debt has been paid in full. When my broker speaks, worlds are created.

If you are with me on this one, praise the Lord for His grace. And pray for those blinded by the enemy and seeking to justify themselves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like you, Jon, I don't understand everything that is going on. But I agree that we must take an eternal perspective. Perhaps through this some will see that true wealth and treasure can never be found in this world.